Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ekua in Australia

The following update is from Ekua (Sept 13th):

------------

Dear friends,

Hope you are all having a blast at school. Its going to be a great school year and I am really excited. This is to give you an update on what's being going on over here and to tell you about all my adventures in just over two weeks of being in this new country.

I left Canada on the morning of the -hmm can't remember now oh there we go -3oth of August. It was an interesting departure. My room mate decided that since we were close to the airport shuttle we should just drag the bags to the bus stop. Little did we know that the bags were rather heavy. So I dragged one suitcase a guitar and my backpack all the way to the bus stop it was about a 5 mins walk but it took us 20-30mins. I almost lost my hands in the process but thank God I still have them. When we got to the assumed bus stop we were a bit confused so we missed the bus I don't think bus look kindly to confused people. Anyways we finally found the right spot. We were just in time for the second bus. Since the bus driver was 12 mins early he decided to drive us to catch up with the bus we had missed. I was so grateful I felt so duno how to explain it but my mouth was open the whole time. I finally closed it though. Yup so I got to the airport safe and sound and on time. Got on the plane which was to take me to Vancouver. Everything was going on well until someone suddenly got sick, so we had to make an emergency stop in Alberta. Not only that but the crew had to debrief about what happened so we were on land for about 45 mins. During the wait the only thing I could thing about was my next flight. Initially I was supposed to have a 3 hour wait before my next flight. Man I hope this is not boring I am not the greatest story teller.

We finally got to Vancouver and I had about 20mins to rush to my next departure gate. I heard my name over the speakers while rushing to the gate and I thought yikes everyone knows about me now. Well the long and short of it is that I made it safely to Australia without my bags. Somehow during all the rush my bags were left behind. It took me six days to finally get them. I thank God for all this interesting experience. So why all these ups and downs well. I think I learnt to trust God more. For some reason when I got my bags I felt a bit different like some kind of confidence, I just wanted to go back to the time where I had nothing and had to depend on God. I guess its a good way to learn humility.

Last Sunday I attended this church called SurfCity and its awesome so far. But still seeking God in that matter. Oh and on that same day someone came up to me at the mall to share Christ with me isn't that cool. Yea lots of exciting things in just over a few weeks.

Well good friends that's all for now I hope to write again soon. Have an awesome week. If there are any grammatical errors I apologise I'm just about ready for bed.

Ekua

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it safely in God's care, Ekua. What an adventure! I'll be praying for you as you settle in and start your work there. Missing your gentle spirit and your sense of humour. ;)

Love Erin

ricola_pak said...

Haha love the way you told your story Ekua!

Something for the Soul said...

thanks Erin and I am glad I made you laugh ricky

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.