Sunday, January 13, 2008

Overdue from before Winter Conference

Hey everyone - to subscribe to this blog, click here: RSS/Feed
Now you can be notified whenever it gets updated!

- Oh, and seriously guys, leave
comments! Please! :D
- If it's too much to read, just read one entry for now. And then leave a comment :P

Ben H.:
The last two weeks have been fantastic. The Harrison home in Hanover was graced by the presence of Ben T. and Gilberto over Christmas which made the season even more exciting. My parents asked whether everyone on project was as nice as the two guys and I could reply affirmatively that they were representative of the whole group. Winter Conference here in the East as amazing. I got alot out of the sessions and the frequent meetings with old friends was a real blessing. I am now recharged for heading back to campus. I have the same excitement that I had the first week of September and coming off project that was lost over the course of the fall. I am thankful for that and once again optimistic about the future. I am working on my application to be an intern on Halifax Project. I would like to spend most of the summer in Halifax following project - if it works out for me to intern - maybe serving with a local church or another sort of ministry.

Joanna: Hi friends,
Well last semester flew by. It was a blur of clinical (labour and delivery - alarming, but really great experience), classes, Campus for Christ leadership, and all that jazz. God continued to teach me that all that really matters is knowing Christ and delighting in Him. I had an amazing christmas with my family. God really answered prayers and I'm so thankful for the time I had to spend with my brother and his girlfriend and my sister. It was really great! Winter Conference was amazing. Such a refreshing time to be with friends (especially of the halifax project variety!) and to be with God. I'm all done with classes now and just have my final placement left. I need to work around 450 hours and then I can get my temporary nursing registration until I write my RN exam in June... [see the rest in COMMENTS]

Paulman: This is my last semester, and the plan is to finish writing my thesis so I can graduate. Then in the summer, I'll either be on Waterloo or North Africa project, but I'm having trouble choosing (again) due to some recent developments. I miss you guys as always, and I wish more of you would read my blog or talked online (lol). Then you'd know what to pray for me for! Bye for now :)

1 comment:

Paulman said...

Joanna (cont'd): My placement is in adult oncology, which I'm so thankful for. It will be challenging for sure, but definitely rewarding. I work my first night shift tonight! It's really strange to be on such a different schedule from everyone else around me, but I guess it's just a preview of my life as a nurse. I am still discipling a few girls this term and on the servant team at Western. I also am looking forward to having extra time to read, hang out with friends, and paint! (my parents got me a few art lessons for Christmas and I am really enjoying it!)
Please pray for me as I enter into this new year, that I would treasure Christ and be a good steward of all He has given me! I miss you all so much!