Saturday, February 16, 2008

February updates (cont'd)

Grace: hello friends! im sooooooooooooooo bad for not writing this earlier! but life is going well for me this semester! God has truly blessed me with all that I need to stay centred on Himl i can't wait for reading week to come! Las Vegas here i come! God bless! grace

Nicole: Looking forward to winding down my third year... only one more to go at the U of S, then I'm off to who-knows-where (God-knows-where? ;) ) for my masters (yep, that's speech path). I only know I'm staying in Canada. U of A, U of T, McGill, Dal (oh Halifax, I'll always love you)... we'll see where I end up. I get kinda sad when I think about it. It's a whole new stage of my life. Eep! Going to SE Africa this summer-- I told you I'd get there someday, Colleen!...
[I edited this way down. Check the COMMENTS for the full version]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole (cont'd): Well, May 4th (or sometime thereabouts) is the day. Pray for me! That's a heck of a lot of support to raise, and it's been a faith barrier for a long while now. You'll all be getting letters :).... I'm super-excited, super-sad (that I'll be leaving Canada, and also that I won't see Cam all summer-- I get all weepy when I hear cheesy, goodbye-for-now-we'll-see-each-other-again-someday-I'll-miss-you-please-don't-cheat-on-me songs [if you listen closely, it's really how they all go]), and super-scared. A call to Africa turned out to be a call to a lot of other things: start eating meat again (more than just one piece of chicken per summer); take out non-ear piercings; raise more money than I think could be feasible from my resources; use squatties (I'm a high-maintenance girl, I'm not gonna lie); possibly find a new job when I get back (for lack of hours available to me once they've covered my shifts)... etc. Prayer is much appreciated. And powerful and effective! (James 5:16) Talk to you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, don't forget Western offers speech path as well!

Good ole \/\/

Ben H